TGS 822 - for the detection of Organic Solvent Vapors
The sensing element of Figaro gas sensors is a tin dioxide (SnO2) semiconductor which has low conductivity in clean air. In the presence of a detectable gas, the sensor's conductivity increases depending on the gas concentration in the air. A simple electrical circuit can convert the change in conductivity to an output signal which corresponds to the gas concentration.
The TGS 822 has high sensitivity to the vapors of organic solvents as well as other volatile vapors. It also has sensitivity to a variety of combustible gases such as carbon monoxide, making it a good general purpose sensor.
* High sensitivity to organic solvent vapors such as ethanol
* High stability and reliability over a long period
* Long life and low cost
* Uses simple electrical circuit
* Breath alcohol detectors
* Gas leak detectors/alarms
* Solvent detectors for factories, dry