The Argon is a powerful Wi-Fi enabled development kit that can act as either a standalone Wi-Fi endpoint or Wi-Fi enabled gateway for Particle Mesh networks. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840 and has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Po and deploy your local network in minutes.
The Argon is great for connecting existing projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet. The Device Cloud for Particle Mesh is priced by network. All Particle customers get 10 free micro networks using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet gateway. A micro network is defined as a network with 10 total devices and a single gateway.
1. Espressif ESP32-D0WD 2.4G Wi-Fi coprocessor
2. Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
3. On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
4. 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
5. Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
6. Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
7. JTAG (SWD) Connector
8. RGB status LED
9. Reset and Mode buttons
10. On-board 2.4GHz PCB antenna for Thread/BLE (does not support Wi-Fi)
11. Two U.FL connectors for external antennas (one for Thread/BLE, another for Wi-Fi)
12. Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
13. FCC, CE, and IC certified
14. RoHS compliant (lead-free)