The E Series Evaluation Kit is the best way to get started with the E Series, Particle’s product family of industrialized cellular IoT modules. The Evaluation Kit includes an E Series Evaluation Board with your choice of 2G/3G or LTE connectivity, a sample IoT sensor (temperature), and all the cellular accessories you need to build your first industrial-grade proof-of-concept on the Particle platform.
Particle’s E Series is a new family of production-grade 2G, 3G, and LTE-enabled hardware that vastly reduces the cost and complexity of deploying cellular-connected IoT solutions at scale.
All E Series modules include the following features:
- Embedded SIM card, which resists vibration, corrosion, and mechanical failure
- Surface-mountable design, for PCB assembly in mass-production
- Industrial temperature range from -20 to 85C for deployment in hostile environments
- Pinout with support for 2G, 3G, LTE M1, and future-compatible for NB1
- Fully certified design virtually eliminating the cost and complexity of RF and carrier compliance
- Built-in compatibility with Particle's development tools, messaging platform, and device management console
The E Series Evaluation Kit contains a breakout board which provides easy access to all the pins and peripherals available on all E Series module variants. The Evaluation Board includes:
- Physical USB access for flashing and serial communications
- Li-Po battery connector for connecting external batteries
- Power barrel jack connector for external power
- MODE and RESET buttons
- Charge and status LEDs to appreciate device state at a glance
The 2G/3G E Series Evaluation board contains a soldered E310 module, which supports worldwide 2G and 3G connectivity and can be configured into a 2G only mode.
The LTE E Series Evaluation board contains a soldered E402 module, which supports LTE M1 connectivity.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud. The Device Cloud is a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet.
Access to the Device Cloud includes:
3MB of cellular data per device/mo (additional data $0.40/MB for most countries)
E310 (2G/3G) or E402 (LTE) module mounted on an evaluation board
Li-Po battery (2000mAh)
Taoglas Penta-band Cellular Antenna (u.FL)
SMA to u.FL adapter for connecting external SMA antennas
Grove temperature sensor
USB Micro cable
Pinout reference card
STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
1MB Flash, 128K RAM
Cellular modem: u-blox SARA U-series (3G Global with 2G fallback / LTE)
36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
Board dimensions: 36mm x 43mm
Continent compatibility is simplified and exceptions exist. Please be sure to check the full list of compatible countries for the location in which your product will be deployed.