The Radiation Sensor Board allows the user to detect Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiation integrating any Geiger Tube which works in the range 400V - 1000V.
This product is compatible with Arduino, Raspberry Pi and Intel Galileo boards.
Detect Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiation integrating any Geiger Tube which works in the range 400V - 1000V and read this levels using Arduino. As well as from the terminal, the radiation levels can be shown using different actuators:
- Piezo: it allows us to hear the typical "chirp" common in the radioactivity counters
- Leds: 3 green and 2 red let easily to show low, medium and high levels
- LCD: it displays the counts per minute (cpm) and the equivalent absorbed energy levels in Servants (µSV/h).
- This version comes without the Geiger tube. A version with a Geiger tube already soldered and "ready to use" is available here:
Radiation Sensor Board for Arduino + Geiger Tube
- In order to test the Geiger Counter you can get Vaseline Glass Bead as a complement in the order options.
- There is a little switch below the LCD you must switch on to use the board.
- The piezo produces a constant very low noise when the board is on, besides the typical "chirp"
NOTE: If you are searching for Wireless Sensor Networks devices (motes) you may be interested in our ready to market sensor platform: Waspmote which counts with more than 50 sensors available to use.